On Sunday 19th July 2009 the first annual Digital Forensic Awards were held by the Forensic 4cast Team.
Over 400 votes were cast by the nominees’ peers in the digital forensic field.
The nominees are listed below and the winners are highlighted in red. The awards ceremony can be viewed here.
Outstanding Contribution to Digital Forensics (Individual)
- Matt Shannon (F-Response)
- Rob Lee (SANS/Mandiant)
- Jamie Morris (Forensic Focus)
Outstanding Contribution to Digital Forensics (Company)
- Sans Forensics
Best Digital Forensic Article/Blog Posting
- Iphone White Paper
- Memory Forensic Acquisition and Analysis 101
Best Digital Forensic Blog
Best Digital Forensic Book
- Windows Forensic Analysis (Harlan Carvey)
- IPhone Forensics (Jonathan Zdziarski)
- File System Forensic Analysis (Brian Carrier)
Best Computer Forensic Hardware Tool
Best Computer Forensic Software Tool
- X-Ways Forensics
- Drive Prophet
Best Phone Forensic Hardware Tool
Best Phone Forensic Software Tool
- Pandora’s Box
Digital Forensic Examiner of the Year
- David Kleiman
- Rob Lee
- Jonathan Zdzjarski
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Rob Lee
- Brian Carrier
- Ovie Carrol
The ‘Huh?’ Award
- Winner: Josh Muszynski – charged $23,148,855,308,184,500 for a packet of cigarettes.
Digital Forensics Humanitarian Award
- Johnny Long for his dedication to ‘Hackers for Charity’.
The Forensic 4cast Awards – because even nerds deserve an award!